Fasteners are the apparatus helpful to connect two or more surfaces to hold their positions. Fasteners include screws, nuts, bolts, rivets, washers, flanges, valves, etc., which are highly useful in domestic and industrial applications.
Hastelloy B3 is a nickel-molybdenum alloy containing 65% nickel and 30% molybdenum. The nickel-molybdenum elements are helpful in solid strengthening solutions, precipitation hardening, and deoxidation. On the other hand, chromium helps to protect against acidic and alkaline solutions.
Hastelloy B3 provides stability, durability, and toughness to the fasteners in extreme environments. Also, the alloy contains transition elements like tungsten, which exhibits high-temperature tolerance, corrosion resistance, and excellent weldability properties.
Mangalam Metal Corporation offers high-quality Hastelloy B3 Fasteners to our clients across the globe. We use high-quality raw materials and high-tech machinery to produce Hastelloy products to meet national and international demands.
APPLICATIONS OF HASTELLOY B3 FASTENERS
While choosing a fastener for a given industrial application, we should consider certain factors to increase the integrity and durability of the applications. These factors are as follows:
- Installation Process
- Weight Restrictions of the Components
- Atmosphere and Temperature of the Surroundings
Technically, there are two parameters to use fasteners; permanent joints and non-permanent joints.
The non-permanent joints do not damage the adjoining surfaces while removing or dismantling them. They are suitable to connect non-critical applications or machinery in domestic or industrial premises.
Following are some industries and their applications where you will find our Hastelloy B3 Fasteners installed:
- Flame Holders
- Heat Exchangers
- Gas Turbines and Rotors
- Transition Ducts
- Storage Tanks
- C3 Neutralizer
- Surface Condenser
- Electronic Controls
- Gear Motors
- Hydronic Underfloor Heating
- Energy Metering
- Silicon Power
- Drying Cylinder
- Pressure Vessels
ASTM B 637 ASME SB 637
DIN, ASTM, BS and all International Standards
M3 – M56 | 3/6″ to 2″ | Custom Sizes
3 mm to 200 mm
Bolts, nuts, Washers, Anchor Fasteners, Stud Bolts, Eye Bolt, Stud, Threaded Rod, Cotter Pin, Socket Screw, Fine Fasteners & Spares, Foundation Fasteners, etc.
- Hastelloy B3 contains more than 60% nickel content, which offers these fasteners good resistance against corrosion cracking and pitting.
- Hastelloy B3 offers higher resistance to pure hydrochloric, hydrobromic, and sulphuric acids. Thus, efficiently protecting the fasteners in extreme environments.
- During the heating generating process, Hastelloy B3 exhibits high-yield tensile strength up to 350 Mpa. Thus, making these fasteners attain maximum load without breaking or fracturing.
- Hastelloy B3 alloy has superior thermal stability when compared with other Hastelloy elements. Thus, resulting in an easy fabrication process for these fasteners.
- During thermal cycling operations, especially heat treatments, Hastelloy B3 Fasteners maintain high malleability that helps them stay integrated without losing their strength.
- However, Hastelloy B3 has comparatively less resistance to oxidizing agents than other Hastelloy elements. We do not recommend using the fasteners with ferric or cupric salts.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.