Pipes are open-ended long cylinders making the flow of any material easy. These materials constitute both liquids and gaseous products. Furthermore, the tubes are long and hollowed bars formed into any shape like square or circular.
These tubes are beneficial in the installation of structural applications that comprehends pressurized equipment, machine parts, and others.
Hastelloy B3 is a nickel-molybdenum alloy containing 65% nickel and 30% molybdenum. The nickel-molybdenum elements are helpful in solid strengthening solutions, precipitation hardening, and deoxidation. On the other hand, chromium helps to protect against acidic and alkaline solutions.
Hastelloy B3 provides stability, durability, and toughness to the pipes and tubes in extreme environments. Also, the alloy contains transition elements like tungsten, which exhibits high-temperature tolerance, corrosion resistance, and excellent weldability properties.
Mangalam Metal Corporations is one of the foremost merchandisers and merchants of Hastelloy B3 Pipes and tubes worldwide. Meeting the national and international specifications, we make use of fine quality raw materials and high-tech machinery to set up qualitative pipes and tubes.
APPLICATIONS OF HASTELLOY B3 PIPES AND TUBES
Pipes and Tubes are majorly used equipment in the metal industries. These fittings make the use of machinery easy for the labor to work in.
Pipes are installed to make the flow of materials either liquid or gaseous convenient from one pipeline to another. In fact, these pipes benefit the industries that have to transfer toxic, gaseous, or other types of substances.
While tubes, on the other hand, are made to use in the installation of structural applications. So, the outer diameter is the factor taken into account while choosing the tubes. These tubes are formed into different shapes viz., circular, rectangular, square, or oval.
The following industries make use of our Hastelloy B3 pipes and tubes.
- Heat Exchangers
- Instrumentation Components
- Heat Shields
- transition Ducts
- Aerospace Liners
- Thermosyphon Evaporators
- Vacuum Condensers
- Pressure Vessels
- Air Coolers
- Surface Condenser
- C3 Neutralizer
- Heat Exchangers
- High-Pressure Pumps
- Shipyard Condensers
- Shipyard Pressure Vessels
ASTM B161 ASME SB161 / ASTM B725 ASME SB725 / ASTM B730 ASME SB730
1 / 2″NB TO 12 “NB IN
Round Pipes & Tubes, Square Pipes & Tubes, Rectangular Pipes & Tubes
Seamless / ERW / EFW / Welded / Fabricated
KEY PROPERTIES OF HASTELLOY B3 PIPES AND TUBES
- Hastelloy B3 contains more than 60% nickel content, which offers these pipes and tubes good resistance against corrosion cracking and pitting.
- Hastelloy B3 offers higher resistance to pure hydrochloric, hydrobromic, and sulphuric acids. Thus, efficiently protecting the pipes and tubes in extreme environments.
- During the heating generating process, Hastelloy B3 exhibits high-yield tensile strength up to 350 Mpa. Thus, making these pipes and tubes attain maximum load without breaking or fracturing.
- Hastelloy B3 alloy has superior thermal stability when compared with other Hastelloy elements. Thus, resulting in an easy fabrication process for these pipes and tubes.
- During thermal cycling operations, especially heat treatments, Hastelloy B3 Pipes and Tubes maintain high malleability that helps them stay integrated without losing their strength.
- However, Hastelloy B3 has comparatively less resistance to oxidizing agents than other Hastelloy elements. We do not recommend using the pipes and tubes with ferric or cupric salts.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.