A Socket Weld Fittings is a pipe attachment method where we insert a smaller diameter pipe into the recessed area of a larger diameter pipe, fittings, or flange. These fittings are usually suitable to connect small bore pipe fittings whose diameters are NPS or smaller. Sometimes, we use these fittings in place of threaded fittings as the risk of leakage is lesser.
Hastelloy B3 is a nickel-molybdenum alloy containing 65% nickel and 30% molybdenum. The nickel-molybdenum elements are helpful in solid strengthening solutions, precipitation hardening, and deoxidation. On the other hand, chromium helps to protect against acidic and alkaline solutions.
Hastelloy B3 provides stability, durability, and toughness to the socket-weld pipe fittings in extreme environments. Also, the alloy contains transition elements like tungsten, which exhibits high-temperature tolerance, corrosion resistance, and excellent weldability properties.
Mangalam Metal Corporation offers an exclusive range of Hastelloy B3 Socket-Weld Forged Fittings to our elite clients globally. We use high-quality raw materials and high-tech machinery to manufacture the Socket Weld Fittings to meet national and international demands.
Socket Weld Fittings are a good choice where the diameter of the pipes is smaller. They provide higher leakage integrity and elevated structural strength to the overall piping systems. The followings are the advantages of socket weld fittings:
We can use them in place of threaded fittings. Thus, the risk of leakage problems is comparatively less. The installation cost is lesser than the butt-weld joints. It doesn’t require additional fittings, and we can assemble them efficiently.
Also, there are various factors one must consider before manufacturing or ordering socket weld fittings. These factors include size, pressure class, fitting type, shapes, etc.
While designing a socket-weld fittings piping system, one must keep in mind the operating temperature of the working area. It is because the pressure class of the product has a direct impact on the socket-weld pipe fittings.
For instance, 3000 pressure class elbow SW fittings will hold 3000 psi working pressure at an operating temperature of 100-Degree F. However, at 1000-Degree F, the working pressure of these elbow SW fittings will drop to 350 psi.
Following are some industries and their applications where you will find our Hastelloy B3 Socket-Weld Forged Fittings installed.
- Pressure Vessels
- Vulnerable Chemical Transmission
- Melting Point Apparatus
- Sanitary Systems
- Heat Exchangers & Evaporators
- Liquid Filling Machinery
- Heat Exchangers
- Hot Air Generators
- Chemical Reactor Vessels
- Chemical Storage Tanks
- Sprinkler System
- CO2 Piping
- Bilge Systems
- Ballast Systems
- Engine Cooling System
- Chemical Processing
- Pressure Vessels
- Steam Generators
- Refining of Crude Oil
- Purification of Natural Gas
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socketweld & Screwed-Threaded)
3000 LBS, 6000 LBS, 9000 LBS
- Hastelloy B3 contains more than 60% nickel content, which offers these socket-weld fittings good resistance against corrosion cracking and pitting.
- Hastelloy B3 offers higher resistance to pure hydrochloric, hydrobromic, and sulphuric acids. Thus, efficiently protecting the socket-weld fittings in extreme environments.
- During the heating generating process, Hastelloy B3 exhibits high-yield tensile strength up to 350 Mpa. Thus, making these socket-weld fittings attain maximum load without breaking or fracturing.
- Hastelloy B3 alloy has superior thermal stability when compared with other Hastelloy elements. Thus, resulting in an easy fabrication process for these socket-weld fittings.
- During thermal cycling operations, especially heat treatments, Hastelloy B3 Socket-Weld Fittings maintain high malleability that helps them stay integrated without losing their strength.
- However, Hastelloy B3 has comparatively less resistance to oxidizing agents than other Hastelloy elements. We do not recommend using the pipes and tubes with ferric or cupric salts.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.