Threads are technically the rings carved on the inner or outer ends of the pipe fittings. It enables two or more small bore pipes within the piping system.
The threaded pipe fittings are serviceable for less-critical applications like fire protection, water distribution channels, cooling systems, etc., within the industrial premises.
Hastelloy B3 is a nickel-molybdenum alloy containing 65% nickel and 30% molybdenum. The nickel-molybdenum elements are helpful in solid strengthening solutions, precipitation hardening, and deoxidation. On the other hand, chromium helps to protect against acidic and alkaline solutions.
Hastelloy B3 provides stability, durability, and toughness to the threaded pipe fittings in extreme environments. Also, the alloy contains transition elements like tungsten, which exhibits high-temperature tolerance, corrosion resistance, and excellent weldability properties.
Mangalam Metal Corporation offers an exclusive range of Hastelloy B3 Threaded Forged Fittings to our clients across the globe. We use high-quality raw materials and high-tech machinery to produce Hastelloy B3 Threaded Forged Fittings to meet national and international demands.
Forging involves shaping or resizing the metals using localized compressive forces like hammers or a die. Forging can produce more robust metal pieces than a cast one.
During the forging process, the internal grain texture of the metal deforms. Thus, the texture variation is continuous throughout the process, which improves the overall strength of the metals.
Technically, we can group forging into three classes:
- Drawn Out (Increases the length, Decreases the cross-section)
- Upset (Increases the cross-section, Decreases the length)
- Squeezed in Closed Compression Dies (for Multiple Directional Flows)
We follow all legitimate rules of ASME B16.11 to produce Threaded Forged Fittings. It covers ratings, dimensions, tolerance, markings, and materials requirements for threaded forged fittings. These fittings are classified under Class 2000, 3000, and 6000 for threaded fittings.
Following are some industries and applications where you will find our Hastelloy B3 Threaded Forged Fittings.
- Spiral Heat Exchangers
- Air Coolers
- Regenerative Air Heaters
- Water Treatment Equipments
- Washing Systems
- Spray Washers
- Carborundum Abrasive Rollers
- Conveyors and Furnaces
- Rotating Pans
- Water Supply and Drainage Systems
- Fire Extinguishers
- Hydrant and Sprinkler Systems
- DDC/PLC Panels
- Gas Detection Systems
- Fire Sprinklers
- Low-Voltage Pressure Pumps
- Low-Voltage Evaporators
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socket Weld & Screwed-Threaded)
2000 LBS, 3000 LBS, 6000 LBS
- Hastelloy B3 contains more than 60% nickel content, which offers these threaded forged fittings good resistance against corrosion cracking and pitting.
- Hastelloy B3 offers higher resistance to pure hydrochloric, hydrobromic, and sulphuric acids. Thus, efficiently protecting the threaded pipe fittings in extreme environments.
- During the heating generating process, Hastelloy B3 exhibits high-yield tensile strength up to 350 Mpa. Thus, making these threaded fittings attain maximum load without breaking or fracturing.
- Hastelloy B3 alloy has superior thermal stability when compared with other Hastelloy elements. Thus, resulting in an easy fabrication process for these threaded pipe fittings.
- During thermal cycling operations, especially heat treatments, Hastelloy B3 Threaded Forged Fittings maintain high malleability that helps them stay integrated without losing their strength.
- However, Hastelloy B3 has comparatively less resistance to oxidizing agents than other Hastelloy elements. We do not recommend using the pipes and tubes with ferric or cupric salts.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.