A Socket Weld Fittings is a pipe attachment method where we insert a smaller diameter pipe into the recessed area of a larger diameter pipe, fittings, or flange. These fittings are usually suitable to connect small bore pipe fittings whose diameters are NPS or smaller. Sometimes, we use these fittings in place of threaded fittings as the risk of leakage is lesser.
Hastelloy C22 is a nickel-chromium-molybdenum alloy. It contains sufficient nickel content to provide outstanding toughness against most reducing agents. On the other hand, its chromium content makes the surfaces harder against high-chloride environments and acidic solutions.
Hastelloy C22 offers strength, stability, and durability to the socket-weld fittings in extreme environments. It also contains tungsten (3% approx.) that provides additional integrity and performance to these fittings in corrosive atmospheres.
Mangalam Metal Corporation offers an exclusive range of Hastelloy C22 Socket-Weld Forged fittings to our clients across the globe. We use high-quality raw materials to produce socket-weld fittings to meet national and international demands.
Hastelloy C22 Socket Weld Fittings are a good choice where the diameter of the pipes is smaller. They provide higher leakage integrity and elevated structural strength to the overall piping systems.
The installation cost is lesser than the butt-weld joints. It doesn’t require additional fittings, and we can assemble them efficiently. Also, there are various factors one must consider before manufacturing or ordering socket weld fittings. We must consider the size, pressure class, fitting type, shapes, etc., of the pipe fittings.
While designing a socket-weld fittings piping system, one must keep in mind the operating temperature of the working area. It is because the pressure class of the product has a direct impact on the socket-weld pipe fittings.
For instance, 6000 pressure class elbow SW fittings will hold 6000 psi working pressure at an operating temperature of 100-Degree F. However, at 1000-Degree F, the working pressure of these elbow SW fittings will drop to 650 psi.
Following are some industries and their applications where you will find our Hastelloy C22 Socket-Weld Forged Fittings installed.
- Sprinkler System
- CO2 Piping
- Bilge Systems
- Ballast Systems
- Engine Cooling System
- Chemical Processing
- Pressure Vessels
- Steam Generators
- Refining of Crude Oil
- Purification of Natural Gas
- Pressure Vessels
- Vulnerable Chemical Transmission
- Melting Point Apparatus
- Sanitary Systems
- Heat Exchangers & Evaporators
- Liquid Filling Machinery
- Heat Exchangers
- Hot Air Generators
- Chemical Reactor Vessels
- Chemical Storage Tanks
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socketweld & Screwed-Threaded)
3000 LBS, 6000 LBS, 9000 LBS
- Hastelloy C22 contains higher tungsten and ferrous content, enhancing the toughness in these socket-weld pipe fittings during the fabrication process.
- Hastelloy C22 exhibits oxidation and carbonization resistance in high-temperature areas. During the heating process, it eliminates the risk of losing carbon components and maintains the strength and integrity of the socket-weld pipe fittings.
- Hastelloy C22 coating assures long endurance. However, it is expensive compared with other alloys, but it provides better corrosion resistance in oxidizing corrosion than C4, C276, and 625 alloys.
- Hastelloy C22 also provides corrosion resistance in acidic environments. Thus, it offers resistance to these socket-weld pipe fittings installed in seawater and high-chloride environments.
Product packaging serves to protect the products inside. Mangalam Metal Corporation effectively ensures all the products are deliverable to our clients securely. In the case of exports, we follow all international standard protocols of packaging.
Often, we export them in wooden cases. We mark our products with Grades, Lot Numbers, Size, Degree, and our Trademark. We also make custom markings on the products as per the requirements of our clients.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.