Socket Weld Fittings is a type of pipe attachment where we insert the pipes into the recessed areas of the pipe fittings. We technically insert the pipe of smaller diameter inside the larger diameter pipeline and weld over the circumference.
These pipe fittings are beneficial for attaching small bore pipelines whose diameter is NPS 2 or lesser.
Hastelloy C276 is a nickel-chromium-molybdenum superalloy. Its nickel content, which ranges between 51% to 63.5%, is sufficient to protect the surfaces against ion-stress corrosion cracking. Also, it contains refractory metals alloys like molybdenum and tungsten that provide higher resistance to heat and pressure in elevated temperature areas.
Hastelloy C276 offers strength, stability, and durability to the socket-weld forged fittings in industrial premises. It also contains lower silicon and carbon content that exhibits good weldability properties.
Mangalam Metal Corporation is one of the renowned distributors and exporters of Hastelloy C276 Socket-Weld Forged Fittings across the globe. We use high-quality raw materials and high-tech machinery to manufacture socket-weld fittings to meet national and international demands.
Socket Weld Fittings are a clan of high-pressure fittings. They are widely beneficial in various industrial applications to connect piping systems; steam leverages from 300 to 600 PSI.
Also, there are various factors one must consider before manufacturing or ordering socket weld fittings. We must consider the size, pressure class, fitting type, shapes, etc., of the pipe fittings.
While designing a socket-weld fittings piping system, one must keep in mind the operating temperature of the working area. It is because the pressure class of the product has a direct impact on the socket-weld pipe fittings.
For instance, 3000 pressure class elbow SW fittings will hold 3000 psi working pressure at an operating temperature of 100-Degree F. However, at 1000-Degree F, the working pressure of these elbow SW fittings will drop to 350 psi.
Following are some industries and their applications where you will find our Hastelloy C276 Socket-Weld Forged Fittings installed.
- Regenerative Air Coolers
- Dust Collectors
- Pressure Vessels
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
- Chemical Storage Tanks
- Chemical Reactor Vessels
- Vacuum Systems
- Gas Turbines and Rotors
- Flame Holders
- Heat Shields
- Heat Exchangers
- Aerospace Liners
- Couch Rollers
- Paper Machine Rolls
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socketweld & Screwed-Threaded)
3000 LBS, 6000 LBS, 9000 LBS
- SW Fittings provides leak-free pipe fittings, making the transfer of toxic and flammable fluids within the piping systems safe and secured.
- The wall thickness of SW is highly consistent than the seamless pipes. Thus, SW fittings exhibit good mechanical properties to install or upgrade within the premises.
- Hastelloy C276 exhibits high-yield tensile strength, ranging from 785 to 792Ha MPa. It strengthens these socket-weld pipe fittings to undertake maximum load without being fractured or tempered.
- Hastelloy C276 maintains oxidation resistance at high temperatures, ranging from cryogenic to 20120 F, protecting these socket-weld fittings against pitting and cracking corrosions.
- Hastelloy C276 Socket-Weld Pipe Fittings can withstand hydrogen fluoride gas in temperature areas ranging from 9320 F to 11120 F, which is approximately 50-times longer than any other alloys.
Product packaging serves to protect the products inside. Mangalam Metal Corporation effectively ensures all the products are deliverable to our clients securely. In the case of exports, we follow all international standard protocols of packaging.
Often, we export them in wooden cases. We mark our products with Grades, Lot Numbers, Size, Degree, and our Trademark. We also make custom markings on the products as per the requirements of our clients.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.