Socket Weld Fittings is a pipe attachment where we connect the pipes by embedding them in the recessed section of the valves, flanges, or other pipe fittings.
We use socket weld fittings for joining small-bore tubes whose diameter is 2 or 4 inches.
The ‘X’ in Hastelloy X stands for nickel, chromium, iron, and molybdenum superalloy. The Hastelloy X exhibits excellent oxidation-corrosion resistance and fabricability properties in hostile environments, where the temperature rises to 2200-Degree F. This alloy immediately forms an oxide layer on first exposure to the oxidizing surroundings, thus, protecting the surfaces against rusting, cracking, and pitting.
Hastelloy X offers stability, toughness, and durability to the socket-weld forged fittings in extreme surroundings. Also, it contains 1% silicon, which helps improve the tensile strength and elastic limit of these socket-weld fittings.
Mangalam Metal Corporation stocks and supplies a wide range of Socket Weld Fittings to their clients all over the globe. We follow all standards and legitimate protocols laid by ASME B16.11 to source and supply Hastelloy X Socket Weld Fittings.
Welding is a fabrication process where we join two or more metal components by the heating process. We use high heat to melt the parts together and allow them to cool down. This way, we join the metals!
Similarly, in the socket welding procedure, we use the welding method to join specific pipe fittings like elbows, tees, crosses, couplings, etc., with other pipes.
We manufacture all our socket welded fittings as per the ASME Standard B16.11. It covers all the essential aspects of socket weld fittings such as:
- material requirements,
- pressure tolerance,
- markings, and
Following are some industries and their applications, where you will find our Hastelloy X Socket Weld Fittings.
- Chemical Processing
- Pressure Vessels
- Steam Generators
- Refining of Crude Oil
- Purification of Natural Gas
- Washing Systems
- Pressure Vessels
- Machine Vision Sorting Systems
- Tableting Equipment
- Sprinkler System
- CO2 Piping
- Ballast Systems
- Engine Cooling System
- Bilge Systems
- Vulnerable Chemical Transmission
- Melting Point Apparatus
- Liquid Filling Machinery
- Heat Exchangers & Evaporators
- Sanitary Systems
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socketweld & Screwed-Threaded)
3000 LBS, 6000 LBS, 9000 LBS
- Hastelloy X Socket-Weld Forged Fittings can perform better to resist corrosion, oxidation, and reduction efficiently, where the temperature ranges from cryogenic to 1200-Degree C.
- Hastelloy X is resistant to carbonization and nitriding, thus exhibiting excellent fabrication properties to these socket-weld fittings in extreme environments.
- During the heat-generating process, Hastelloy X offers high-yield tensile strength up to 755 MPa. Thus, these socket-weld forged fittings can attain maximum load with fracturing or tempering.
- Hastelloy X offers good malleability properties that help in hardening in both hot and cold-worked forming processes. Thus, we can quickly fabricate the socket-weld fittings using soldering, welding, or forging methods.
- Hastelloy X exhibits good thermal and electrical conductivity. Thus, the socket-weld forged fittings can efficiently resist heat, pressure, and electric current in high-temperature areas that range from cryogenic to 2200-Degree F.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.