Threads are technically the rings carved on the inner or outer ends of the pipe fittings. It enables two or more small bore pipes to connect within the piping system.
These pipe fittings are suitable for less-critical applications like fire protection, water distribution channels, cooling systems, etc., within the industrial premises.
The ‘X’ in Hastelloy X stands for nickel, chromium, iron, and molybdenum superalloy. The Hastelloy X exhibits excellent oxidation-corrosion resistance and fabricability properties in hostile environments, where the temperature rises to 2200-Degree F. This alloy immediately forms an oxide layer on first exposure to the oxidizing surroundings, thus, protecting the surfaces against rusting, cracking, and pitting.
Hastelloy X offers stability, toughness, and durability to the threaded forged fittings in extreme surroundings. Also, it contains 1% silicon, which helps improve the tensile strength and elastic limit of these threaded pipe fittings.
For three decades, Mangalam Metal Corporation has been manufacturing and supplying qualitative Incoloy 800, Incoloy 800H, and Incoloy 800HT Threaded Forged Fittings. We rank among the Top 10 companies in India to manufacture Incoloy 800 Threaded Fittings.
Forging involves shaping or resizing the metals using localized compressive forces like hammers or a die. Forging can produce more robust metal pieces than a cast one. During the forging process, the internal grain texture of the metal deforms. Thus, the texture variation is continuous throughout the process, which improves the overall strength of the metals.
Technically, we can group forging into three classes:
- Drawn Out (Increases the length, Decreases the cross-section)
- Upset (Increases the cross-section, Decreases the length)
- Squeezed in Closed Compression Dies (for Multiple Directional Flows)
We follow all legitimate rules of ASME B16.11 to produce Threaded Forged Fittings. It covers ratings, dimensions, tolerance, markings, and materials requirements for threaded forged fittings. We classify these fittings under Class 2000, 3000, and 6000 for threaded fittings.
Following are some industries and applications where you will find our Hastelloy X Threaded Forged Fittings.
- Milk Silos
- Crystallization Tanks
- Horizontal Milk Storage Tanks
- Road Milk Storage Tanks
- Butter Churner
- Spiral Heat Exchangers
- Air Coolers
- Regenerative Air Heaters
- Water Treatment Equipments
- Washing Systems
- Spray Washers
- Carborundum Abrasive Rollers
- Conveyors and Furnaces
- Rotating Pans
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socket Weld & Screwed-Threaded)
2000 LBS, 3000 LBS, 6000 LBS
- Hastelloy X Threaded Forged Fittings can perform better to resist corrosion, oxidation, and reduction efficiently, where the temperature ranges from cryogenic to 1200-Degree C.
- Hastelloy X is resistant to carbonization and nitriding, thus exhibiting excellent fabrication properties to these threaded pipe fittings in extreme environments.
- During the heat-generating process, Hastelloy X offers high-yield tensile strength up to 755 MPa. Thus, these threaded pipe fittings can attain maximum load with fracturing or tempering.
- Hastelloy X offers good malleability properties that help in hardening in both hot and cold-worked forming processes. Thus, we can quickly fabricate the threaded forged fittings using soldering, welding, or forging methods.
- Hastelloy X exhibits good thermal and electrical conductivity. Thus, the threaded pipe fittings can efficiently resist heat, pressure, and electric current in high-temperature areas that range from cryogenic to 2200-Degree F.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.