Threads are the circular rings formed on the inner or outer surfaces of the pipe fittings. These rings enable us to connect different pipes, tubes, or flanges of the piping systems.
We can attach these pipe fittings, including tees, crosses, elbows, and couplings, by forging. Forged fittings refer to the families of the piping systems that are useful for joining small bore pipes.
Threaded Forged Fittings are suitable for connecting pipes, valves, or pumps to create overall piping systems of 2 or 4 inches in diameters.
Incoloy 925 is a nickel-chromium alloy with an addition of ferrous, molybdenum, titanium, aluminum, and other essential elements. Its nickel content is sufficient to provide good oxidation and corrosion resistance in cold and high-temperature areas. Also, molybdenum aids resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion.
Incoloy 925 offers performance, stability, and durability for threaded forged fittings in hostile environments. It exhibits a high-yield tensile strength to undertake maximum load without tempering its surfaces during the heating process.
Mangalam Metal Corporation uses high-quality raw materials to produce Incoloy 925 Threaded Forged Fittings to meet ASME B16.11 standards. We strictly follow its ratings, dimensions, tolerance, and markings to manufacture Threaded Forged Fittings.
Forging involves shaping or resizing the metals using localized compressive forces like hammers or a die. Forging can produce more robust metal pieces than a cast one.
During the forging process, the internal grain texture of the metal deforms. Thus, the texture variation is continuous throughout the process, which improves the overall strength of the metals.
Technically, we can group forging into three classes:
- Drawn Out (Increases the length, Decreases the cross-section)
- Upset (Increases the cross-section, Decreases the length)
- Squeezed in Closed Compression Dies (for Multiple Directional Flows)
Following are some industries and their applications where you will find our Incoloy 925 Threaded Forged Fittings installed.
- Milk Silos
- Crystallization Tanks
- Horizontal Milk Storage Tanks
- Road Milk Storage Tanks
- Butter Churner
- Spiral Heat Exchangers
- Air Coolers
- Regenerative Air Heaters
- Water Treatment Equipments
- Fire Safety
- Low-Voltage Drives
- Valves and Actuators
- Condensing Units
- Washing Systems
- Spray Washers
- Carborundum Abrasive Rollers
- Conveyors and Furnaces
- Rotating Pans
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socketweld & Screwed-Threaded)
2000 LBS, 3000 LBS, and 9000 LBS
- Incoloy 925 contains aluminum and titanium that provide additional strengthening during heat treatments. Thus, making these threaded forged fittings hard and embrittle in the corrosive environment.
- The nickel content in Incoloy ranges from 40% to 44%. Thus, it shields against chloride-ion stress corrosion cracking.
- In annealed conditions, the Incoloy 925 offers high-yield tensile strength up to 1210 MPa. Thus, helping the threaded forged fittings to undertake maximum load up to 1210 Mpa without fracturing or stretching.
- Incoloy 925 exhibits high-yield strength up to 810 Mpa in the annealed conditions. Thus, enabling the threaded forged fittings to withstand high pressure and turbulence without any deformations.
- Incoloy 925 offers outstanding pitting and crevice corrosion resistance in aqueous environments, which helps the threaded forged fittings overcome rusting and tempering.
Product packaging serves to protect the products inside. Mangalam Metal Corporation effectively ensures all the products are deliverable to our clients securely. In the case of exports, we follow all international standard protocols of packaging.
Often, we export them in wooden cases. We mark our products with Grades, Lot Numbers, Size, Degree, and our Trademark. We also make custom markings on the products as per the requirements of our clients.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.