Fasteners include screws, nuts, bolts, rivets, washers, etc., helpful for joining two or more surfaces.
Their primary function is to hold the machine parts intact against excess pressure, vibration, or forces. Fasteners are highly versatile, making them beneficial in domestic and industrial premises.
Monel 400 is a nickel-copper in which 67% nickel and 23% copper are in formation. The nickel-copper-formed elements provide resistance to seawater and high-temperature steams. However, nickel alloy is resistant to hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids when they are de-aerated.
The Monel 400 safeguards the fasteners from corrosion, brackish water, and seawater. It adds factors to characterize with good strength and weldability. Also, Monel 400 contains additional elements, including manganese, silicon, and iron, making these fasteners strong enough to work in elevated temperature areas and fight corrosion.
Mangalam Metal Corporation is one of the globally leading distributors and exporters of Monel 400 Fasteners. We use high-quality raw materials and high-tech machinery to produce the fasteners to meet national and international demands.
Modernized machinery is the phenomenon of the engineering world. For example, internal combustion engines of a generator have periodical explosions within the engine cylinders at a rate of 3600 rpm. That means it generates 60 explosions per second in two strokes, equivalent to 30 explosions per second in four-stroke engines. Also, locomotives function 24 X 7 in the factory.
Also, this machinery requires regular maintenance at every time interval. The design must be easy to dismantle and accessible by the technicians or the engineers, as there might be chances to replace, repair, or service them instantly.
In the above example, we are trying to portrait the significance and advantages of the Monel 400 Fasteners. These fasteners can resist pressure, force, and turbulence within the machinery. Monel 400 coating enhances the strength and cracking propagation of the fasteners.
Following are some industries and applications you will find our Monel 400 Fasteners installed.
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
- Centrifugal Machines
- Hot Air Generators
- Chemical Reactor Vessels
- Chemical Storage Tanks
- Combustion Cans
- Turbine Rotors and Blades
- Heat Exchangers
- Storage Racks
- Paint Pumps
- Vacuum Pumps
- Shipyard Compressors
- High-Pressure Cleaners
- Disintegration Tester
- Friability Tester
- GC Gas Regulators
- Cryogenic Refrigerator / Cryofreezer
- Liquid Nitrogen Freezer / LN2 Freezers
ASTM B 408 ASME SB 408
DIN, ASTM, BS and all International Standards
M3 – M56 | 3/6″ to 2″ | Custom Sizes
3 mm to 200 mm
Bolts, nuts, Washers, Anchor Fasteners, Stud Bolts, Eye Bolt, Stud, Threaded Rod, Cotter Pin, Socket Screw, Fine Fasteners & Spares, Foundation Fasteners, etc.
- Monel 400 holds 67% nickel which helps in providing resistance to the metal from high corrosions. Thus, providing these fasteners to maintain strength in elevated temperature areas.
- Monel 400 provides good resistance to hydrofluoric and hydrochloric acids. It helps the fasteners to withstand stress and pressure in alkaline solution environments.
- Monel 400 exhibits excellent mechanical properties from subzero temperatures up to 480 degrees celsius. Thus, enabling these fasteners to attain high-yield tensile strength in elevated temperature areas.
- Monel 400 offers about the same corrosion resistance as nickel but with higher maximum working pressures and temperatures and at a lower cost due to its superior ability to be machined.
- However, Monel 400 cannot resist nitric oxide, nitrous acid, or hypochlorites. Thus, we should not use the fasteners of its coatings in the environments where these elements are present.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.