Socket Weld Fittings is a type of pipe attachment where we insert the pipes into the recessed areas of the pipe fittings.
These pipe fittings are beneficial for attaching small bore pipelines whose diameter is NPS 2 or lesser.
Monel 400 is a nickel-copper in which 67% nickel and 23% copper are in formation. The nickel-copper-formed elements provide resistance to seawater and high-temperature streams. However, nickel alloy is resistant to hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids when they are de-aerated.
The Monel 400 safeguards the socket-weld forged fittings from corrosion, brackish water, and seawater. It adds factors to characterize with good strength and weldability. Also, Monel 400 contains additional elements, including manganese, silicon, and iron, making these socket-weld fittings strong enough to work in elevated temperature areas and fight corrosion.
Mangalam Metal Corporation is one of the leading global stockholders and supplies Monel 400 Socket Weld Fittings. We follow all legitimate standards of ASME B16.11 to produce Socket Weld Fittings.
Socket Weld Fittings are a clan of high-pressure fittings. They are widely beneficial in various industrial applications to connect piping systems, where steam leverages from 300 to 600 PSI.
SW Fittings provides leak-proof pipe fittings. Thus, making the transfer of toxic and flammable fluids within the piping systems safe and secured. Also, SW Fittings function efficiently where the pipeline work is permanent.
Following are some industries and applications where our Monel 400 Socket Weld Fittings are available.
- Chemical Processing
- Pressure Vessels
- Steam Generators
- Refining of Crude Oil
- Purification of Natural Gas
- Sprinkler System
- CO2 Piping
- Bilge Systems
- Ballast Systems
- Engine Cooling System
- Heat Exchangers
- Hot Air Generators
- Chemical Reactor Vessels
- Chemical Storage Tanks
- Pressure Vessels
- Vulnerable Chemical Transmission
- Melting Point Apparatus
- Sanitary Systems
- Heat Exchangers & Evaporators
- Liquid Filling Machinery
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socketweld & Screwed-Threaded)
3000 LBS, 6000 LBS, 9000 LBS
- Monel 400 holds 67% nickel which helps in providing resistance to the metal from high corrosions. Thus, providing these socket-weld fittings to maintain strength in elevated temperature areas.
- Monel 400 provides good resistance to hydrofluoric and hydrochloric acids. It helps the socket-weld forged fittings to withstand stress and pressure in alkaline solution environments.
- Monel 400 exhibits excellent mechanical properties from subzero temperatures up to 480 degrees celsius. Thus, enabling these socket-weld fittings to attain high-yield tensile strength in elevated temperature areas.
- Monel 400 offers about the same corrosion resistance as nickel but with higher maximum working pressures and temperatures and at a lower cost due to its superior ability to be machined.
- However, Monel 400 cannot resist nitric oxide, nitrous acid, or hypochlorites. Thus, we should not use the socket-weld fittings of its coatings in the environments where these elements are present.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.