Fasteners are the apparatus helpful to connect two or more surfaces to hold their positions.
Fasteners include screws, nuts, bolts, rivets, washers, flanges, valves, etc., which are highly useful in domestic and industrial applications.
Monel k500 is technically an up-gradation of Monel 400 and inherits higher resistance against corrosion and fatigue. It is a precipitation-hardenable nickel-copper alloy, with the addition of aluminum and titanium alloys, which stays ductile and tough in elevated temperature areas, ranging from cryogenic to 400-Degree F.
Monel K500 provides toughness, stability, and durability to the fasteners in elevated temperature areas. Also, Monel K500 is spark resistant and non-magnetic to -200-Degree F. Thus, exhibiting good thermal and electrical conductivity in hot, cold, and seawater surroundings.
Mangalam Metal Corporation is the leading manufacturer to source and supply high-quality Monel k500 Fasteners to our elite clients globally. All our products undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.
Technically, there are two parameters to use fasteners; permanent joints and non-permanent joints.
The non-permanent joints do not damage the adjoining surfaces while removing or dismantling them. They are suitable to connect non-critical applications or machinery in domestic or industrial premises.
On the other hand, permanent joints are highly helpful to join machinery parts in industrial premises. We use crimping, welding, soldering, brazing, or cement to create permanent joints.
While choosing a fastener for a given industrial application, the following factors should be considered:
- Installation Process
- Weight Restrictions of the Components
- Atmosphere and Temperature of the Surroundings
Following are the industries and their applications where you will find our Monel k500 Fasteners installed.
- Cutting Machine
- Shipyard Guns
- Injection Machine
- Shipyard Sandlers
- Sandblasting Cabinets
- Gas Turbine Rotors, Blades, and Seals
- Afterburner Parts
- Flame Holders
- Heat Exchangers
- Heat Treating Equipment
- Storage Tanks
- C3 Neutralizer
- Surface Condenser
- Cell Culture Incubators
- Hazardous Location Pumps
- Sterilization-In-Place (SIP) Systems
- Automated Pharmaceutical Formulation Systems
- Hybridization Stations
ASTM B 805 ASME SB 805
DIN, ASTM, BS and all International Standards
M3 – M56 | 3/6″ to 2″ | Custom Sizes
3 mm to 200 mm
Bolts, nuts, Washers, Anchor Fasteners, Stud Bolts, Eye Bolt, Stud, Threaded Rod, Cotter Pin, Socket Screw, Fine Fasteners & Spares, Foundation Fasteners, etc.
- Monel k500 has approximately three times the high-yield strength of the former Monel 400, which ranges from 100ksi to 150ksi. Thus, these fasteners can withstand stress and pressure without permanently deforming up to 2400-Degree F.
- Monel k500 contains 63% to 70% nickel content, with an addition of 0.25% carbon content. Hence, these fasteners have inherent hardness, strength, and corrosion resistance and are certainly suitable in high-velocity sea waters.
- Monel k500 contains higher aluminum content (2.3% to 3.15%), making it non-magnetic in nature. Thus, these fasteners offer good electrical and thermal conductivity in high-temperature areas, ranging from -200 Degree F to 896-Degree F.
- Monel k500 contains higher carbon content, which is approximately 0.25%. Thus, making the fasteners coated with this alloy highly recommendable in hydrogen sulfide or sour-gas environments.
- To fabricate Monel k500, we can use standard welding protocols. To carry on the welding process, we recommend you use the gas-tungsten-arc process. We recommend you weld Monel k500 fasteners only at annealed conditions, where the temperature ranges from 1600-Degree F to 2100-Degree F.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.