Pipe Fittings are the adapters helpful for connecting pipes or other piping components to:
- change the flowing fluids.
- connect pipelines of different sizes or materials.
- stop the flow of fluids.
Pipe fittings are available in various shapes and sizes. They are highly versatile, making them useful in numerous domestic and industrial applications.
Monel k500 is technically an up-gradation of Monel 400 and inherits higher resistance against corrosion and fatigue. It is a precipitation-hardenable nickel-copper alloy, with the addition of aluminum and titanium alloys, which stays ductile and tough in elevated temperature areas, ranging from cryogenic to 400-Degree F.
Monel K500 provides toughness, stability, and durability to the pipe fittings in elevated temperature areas. Also, Monel K500 is spark resistant and non-magnetic to -200-Degree F. Thus, exhibiting good thermal and electrical conductivity in hot, cold, and seawater surroundings.
Mangalam Metal Corporation offers an exclusive range of precise Monel k500 Pipe Fittings to our clients. We manufacture and supply high-quality Monel k500 products, which undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.
APPLICATIONS OF MONEL k500 PIPE FITTINGS
Pipe Fittings are adapters made of different types of materials. They help to connect two or more pipes to channelize the flow of flowing fluids. Usually, we join these standard pipe fittings like elbows, tee, cross, couplings, etc., by forging or soldering methods.
Following are two primary Monel k500 Pipe Fittings that we use in industrial premises:
During the butt-welding process, we join two pieces of metals butted against each other and welded. It uses the heat on the adjoining surfaces together at the same time. Butt-weld fittings are more effective than socket fittings in strength and stress conditions. Thus, making it suitable in applications where high pressure and turbulence are present.
SOCKET- WELD FITTINGS
Socket-Weld Fittings involves two pipes of different sizes. Technically, we insert the smaller pipe inside the larger ones and weld around the outer circumferences of the larger one. That’s why socket weld is known as ‘fillet weld.’ SW Fittings are generally serviceable for connecting small-bore pipes with diameter DN40 or smaller.
Following are some industries and their applications where you will find our Monel k500 Pipe Fittings installed:
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
- Storage Tanks
- C3 Neutralizer
- Spreading Machines
- Paint Pumps
- Injection Machines
- Dispensing Machines
- Vacuum Pumps
- Dust Collectors
- Air Coolers
- Gas Turbine Rotors
- Heat Exchangers
- Combustion Cans
- Aerospace Liners
- Transition Ducts
ASTM B366 / ASME SB366
Seamless Butt Weld Fittings: 1/2″ – 10″, Welded Butt Weld Fittings: 1/2″ – 48″
ASME/ANSI B16.9, ASME B16.28, MSS-SP-43
5s, 10s, 40s, 80s, 10, 20, 40, STD, 60, 80, XS, 100, 120, 140, 160, XXS available with NACE MR 01-75
Seamless / Welded / Fabricated
KEY PROPERTIES OF MONEL K500 PIPE FITTINGS
- Monel k500 has approximately three times the high-yield strength of the former Monel 400, which ranges from 100ksi to 150ksi. Thus, these pipe fittings can withstand stress and pressure without permanently deforming up to 2400-Degree F.
- Monel k500 contains 63% to 70% nickel content, with an addition of 0.25% carbon content. Hence, these pipe fittings have inherent hardness, strength, and corrosion resistance and are certainly suitable in high-velocity sea waters.
- Monel k500 contains higher aluminum content (2.3% to 3.15%), making it non-magnetic in nature. Thus, these pipe fittings offer good electrical and thermal conductivity in high-temperature areas, ranging from -200 Degree F to 896-Degree F.
- Monel k500 contains higher carbon content, which is approximately 0.25%. Thus, making the pipe fittings coated with this alloy highly recommendable in hydrogen sulfide or sour-gas environments.
- To fabricate Monel k500, we can use standard welding protocols. To carry on the welding process, we recommend you use the gas-tungsten-arc process. We recommend you weld Monel k500 pipe Fittings only at annealed conditions, where the temperature ranges from 1600-Degree F to 2100-Degree F.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.