Socket-Weld Fittings is a pipe attaching procedure in which we insert the pipeline into the recessed area of a valve, flanges, or fittings.
In other words, we insert a pipe with a smaller diameter into the pipe with a larger diameter. Onwards, we weld around the outer circumference of the larger pipelines. That’s why socket weld is known as ‘fillet weld.’ SW Fittings are generally serviceable for connecting small-bore pipes with diameter DN40 or smaller.
Monel k500 is technically an up-gradation of Monel 400 and inherits higher resistance against corrosion and fatigue. It is a precipitation-hardenable nickel-copper alloy, with the addition of aluminum and titanium alloys, which stays ductile and tough in elevated temperature areas, ranging from cryogenic to 400-Degree F.
Monel K500 provides toughness, stability, and durability to the socket-weld forged fittings in elevated temperature areas. Also, Monel K500 is spark resistant and non-magnetic to -200-Degree F. Thus, exhibiting good thermal and electrical conductivity in hot, cold, and seawater surroundings.
Mangalam Metal Corporation offers an exclusive range of Monel k500 Socket-Weld Fittings to our clients across the globe. We produce all Incoloy products under the supervision of well-trained professionals and the latest technology equipment.
We follow all legitimate protocols of ASME B16.11 to manufacture socket-weld fittings. ASME is an acronym for the American Society of Mechanical Engineering. Their role is to maintain the integrity and standards for engineering equipment.
The ASME B16.11 standard covers the ratings, dimensions, tolerance, markings, and material requirement for socket-weld fittings. Also, these fittings have designated pressure classes of 3000, 6000, and 9000, which we need to consider as per our operating temperature areas.
Following are some industries and their applications where you will find our Monel k500 Socket-Weld Forged Fittings installed.
- Crying Cylinders
- Washing Systems
- Spray Washers
- Carborundum Abrasive Rollers
- Sorting Conveyors
- Enrobing Machines
- Pipe-in-Pipe Heat Exchangers
- Air Coolers
- Paint Spraying Machines
- Vacuum Systems
- Dust Extractors
- Shipyard Bending Machines
- Low Voltage Drives
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socketweld & Screwed-Threaded)
3000 LBS, 6000 LBS, 9000 LBS
- Monel k500 has approximately three times the high-yield strength of the former Monel 400, which ranges from 100ksi to 150ksi. Thus, these socket-weld forged fittings can withstand stress and pressure without permanently deforming up to 2400-Degree F.
- Monel k500 contains 63% to 70% nickel content, with an addition of 0.25% carbon content. Hence, these socket-weld forged fittings have inherent hardness, strength, and corrosion resistance and are certainly suitable in high-velocity sea waters.
- Monel k500 contains higher aluminum content (2.3% to 3.15%), making it non-magnetic in nature. Thus, these socket-weld forged fittings offer good electrical and thermal conductivity in high-temperature areas, ranging from -200 Degree F to 896-Degree F.
- Monel k500 contains higher carbon content, which is approximately 0.25%. Thus, making the socket-weld forged fittings coated with this alloy highly recommendable in hydrogen sulfide or sour-gas environments.
- To fabricate Monel k500, we can use standard welding protocols. To carry on the welding process, we recommend you use the gas-tungsten-arc process. We recommend you weld Monel k500 socket-weld forged fittings only at annealed conditions, where the temperature ranges from 1600-Degree F to 2100-Degree F.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.