Threads are the circular rings formed on the inner or outer surfaces of the pipe fittings.
These rings enable us to connect different pipes, tubes, or flanges of the piping systems. Threaded Forged Fittings are suitable for connecting pipes, valves, or pumps to create overall piping systems of 2 or 4 inches in diameters.
Monel k500 is technically an up-gradation of Monel 400 and inherits higher resistance against corrosion and fatigue. It is a precipitation-hardenable nickel-copper alloy, with the addition of aluminum and titanium alloys, which stays ductile and tough in elevated temperature areas, ranging from cryogenic to 400-Degree F.
Monel K500 provides toughness, stability, and durability to the threaded forged fittings in elevated temperature areas. Also, Monel K500 is spark resistant and non-magnetic to -200-Degree F. Thus, exhibiting good thermal and electrical conductivity in hot, cold, and seawater surroundings.
Mangalam Metal Corporation offers an exclusive range of Monel k500 Threaded Forged Fittings. We only manufacture and distribute high-quality Monel k500 products to our elite clients all around the world.
While designing a threaded forged fittings piping system, one must keep in mind the operating temperature of the working area. It is because the pressure class of the product has a direct impact on the threaded pipe fittings.
For instance, 3000 pressure class elbow threaded fittings will hold 3000 psi working pressure at an operating temperature of 100-Degree F. However, at 1000-Degree F, the working pressure of these elbow threaded fittings will drop to 350 psi.
We follow all legitimate rules laid down by ASME B16.11 to manufacture Threaded Forged Fittings. This standard covers ratings, dimension, tolerance, markings, and materials required for threaded forged fittings.
Following are some industries and their applications where you will find our Monel k500 Threaded Forged Fittings installed.
- Water Supply and Drainage Systems
- Fire Extinguishers
- Hydrant and Sprinkler Systems
- Condenser Water Systems
- DDC/PLC Panels
- Gas Detection Systems
- Heat Recovery & Exchangers
- Shredding Fans
- De-Dusting and Ventilations
- Paper Machine Exhaust
- Drying and Heat Recovery
- Life Safety Systems
- Car Coolants
- Car Cooling Systems
- Power Distribution Boards
- Air Distribution Systems
- Digital Control Systems
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socketweld & Screwed-Threaded)
2000 LBS, 3000 LBS, and 9000 LBS
- Monel k500 has approximately three times the high-yield strength of the former Monel 400, which ranges from 100ksi to 150ksi. Thus, these threaded forged fittings can withstand stress and pressure without permanently deforming up to 2400-Degree F.
- Monel k500 contains 63% to 70% nickel content, with an addition of 0.25% carbon content. Hence, these threaded forged fittings have inherent hardness, strength, and corrosion resistance and are certainly suitable in high-velocity sea waters.
- Monel k500 contains higher aluminum content (2.3% to 3.15%), making it non-magnetic in nature. Thus, these threaded forged fittings offer good electrical and thermal conductivity in high-temperature areas, ranging from -200 Degree F to 896-Degree F.
- Monel k500 contains higher carbon content, which is approximately 0.25%. Thus, making the threaded forged fittings coated with this alloy highly recommendable in hydrogen sulfide or sour-gas environments.
- To fabricate Monel k500, we can use standard welding protocols. To carry on the welding process, we recommend you use the gas-tungsten-arc process. We recommend you weld Monel k500 threaded forged fittings only at annealed conditions, where the temperature ranges from 1600-Degree F to 2100-Degree F.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.