Fasteners are the apparatus helpful to join, fasten, or assemble two or more surfaces.
Fasteners include screws, nuts, bolts, flanges, values, and rivets. Fasteners are highly versatile, making them useful in numerous domestic and industrial applications.
Titanium GR5 is one of the most renowned alloys in the titanium industry. This alloy, commonly referred to as Ti 6-4, comprises 90% titanium, 6% aluminium, 4% vanadium, and other essential elements. Titanium is categorised as low density and high strength- a rare combination making it an ideal choice for various heat treatable applications.
Titanium GR5 provides:
- High corrosion resistance,
- Low modulus of elasticity, and
- Excellent strength to pipes and tubes in industrial premises.
Titanium GR 5 Fasteners are highly versatile, making them useful in many industrial applications where turbulence and pressure in piping systems are constant. The addition of aluminium and vanadium helps to increase the toughness and hardness of the materials in the alloy moulds.
Mangalam Metal Corporation is one of the leading global stockholders and supplies Titanium GR 5 Fasteners. We follow all legitimate ASME standards to produce fasteners in various grades.
Fasteners are easy to install or upgrade. In industrial premises, we generally use three types of fasteners. To enhance the performance and stability of fasteners in operating temperature areas below 600-Degree F, we use Titanium GR 5 coatings.
Titanium GR 5 exhibits good electrical and thermal conductivity. Electrical conductivity improves the efficiency and durability of the fastener installed in extreme surroundings like water treatment and desalination equipment.
On the other hand, thermal conductivity provides resistance against heat, stress, and pressure. In addition, it enables the fasteners to absorb sound and vibration, which is crucial in heat-generating appliances.
Selecting a proper Titanium GR 5 Fastener is a very crucial decision. One should consider the following factors before installing them:
- Installation Process
- Adjacent Elements
- Weight Restrictions
Followings are some industries and their appliances, where you will find our Titanium GR 5 Fasteners installed:
- Pulp Storage Tanks
- Scrapped Heat Exchangers
- Food Processing Plants
- Fruit Washers
- Blanching Machines
- Decentral Drives
- Electronic Controls
- Monitoring and Services
- Electric Heating
- Harmonic Mitigation Filters
- Bubble Cap Tray Column
- Hot Air Generators
- Boilers & Reboilers
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
- Centrifugal Machines
- Chemical Vessel Reactors
- Transition ducts
- Aerospace Liners
- Instrumentation Components
- Gas Turbines Rotary, blades, and seals
- Afterburn Parts
ASTM / ASME SB 160 / 164 / 425 / 166 / 446 / 574 / 472
DIN, ASTM, BS and all International Standards
M02 to M33
3 mm to 200 mm
Bolts, nuts, Washers, Anchor Fasteners, Stud Bolts, Eye Bolt, Stud, Threaded Rod, Cotter Pin, Socket Screw, Fine Fasteners & Spares, Foundation Fasteners, etc.
- The high-yield tensile strength of Titanium GR5 is reasonably equivalent to that of stainless steel, which ranges from 1100 MPa to 1170 MPa. Thus, these fasteners can attain maximum stress under these metric points without causing any deformations.
- The fatigue strength of Titanium GR5 ranges from 160 MPa to 700 MPa at annealed temperature areas. Hence, these fasteners can withstand the highest stress in high-pressure zones without breaking.
- Titanium GR 5 is very flexible and has high modulus elasticity that records up to 114 GPa. Hence, these fasteners can efficiently sustain vibration, heat, and pressure in high-temperature areas.
- Titanium GR 5 has good tensile strength and helpful creep resistance up to 300-Degree C. Thus, these fasteners can deform slowly over a more extended period in high-temperature areas.
- Titanium GR 5 contains a significant amount of vanadium, which amounts to 4.5% of this grade. Thus, vanadium’s corrosion-resistance properties make it ideal for these fasteners to sustain longer in elevated temperature areas.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.