Socket Weld Fittings is a pipe attachment where we connect the pipes by embedding them in the recessed section of the valves, flanges, or other pipe fittings. We use socket weld fittings for joining small-bore tubes whose diameter is 2 or 4 inches.
Titanium GR5 is one of the most renowned alloys in the titanium industry. This alloy, commonly referred to as Ti 6-4, comprises 90% titanium, 6% aluminium, 4% vanadium, and other essential elements. Titanium is categorized as low density and high strength- a rare combination making it an ideal choice for various heat treatable applications.
Titanium GR5 provides:
- High corrosion resistance,
- Low modulus of elasticity, and
- Excellent strength to pipes and tubes in industrial premises.
Titanium GR 5 Socket-Weld Forged Fittings are highly versatile, making them useful in many industrial applications where turbulence and pressure in piping systems are constant. The addition of aluminium and vanadium helps to increase the toughness and hardness of the materials in the alloy moulds.
Mangalam Metal Corporation stocks and supplies a wide range of Socket Weld Fittings to their clients all over the globe. We follow all standards and legitimate protocols laid by ASME B16.11 to source and supply Titanium GR 5 Socket Weld Fittings.
Welding is a fabrication process where we join two or more metal components by the heating process. Then, we use high heat to melt the parts together and allow them to cool down. This way, we join the metals!
Similarly, in the socket welding procedure, we use the welding method to join specific pipe fittings like elbows, tees, crosses, couplings, etc., with other pipes.
Titanium GR 5 has better weldability properties than other alloys, with no crackings and pitting when exposed to high-temperature areas. Thus, we can use their coatings in highly acidic environments like nuclear and marine applications.
We manufacture all our socket welded fittings as per the ASME Standard B16.11. It covers all the essential aspects of socket weld fittings such as:
- material requirements,
- pressure tolerance,
- markings, and
Following are some industries and their applications, where you will find our Titanium GR 5 Socket Weld Fittings.
- Sprinkler System
- CO2 Piping
- Ballast Systems
- Engine Cooling System
- Bilge Systems
- Washing Systems
- Pressure Vessels
- Machine Vision Sorting Systems
- Tableting Equipment
- Chemical Processing
- Pressure Vessels
- Steam Generators
- Refining of Crude Oil
- Purification of Natural Gas
- Vulnerable Chemical Transmission
- Melting Point Apparatus
- Liquid Filling Machinery
- Heat Exchangers & Evaporators
- Sanitary Systems
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socketweld & Screwed-Threaded)
3000 LBS, 6000 LBS, 9000 LBS
- The high-yield tensile strength of Titanium GR5 is reasonably equivalent to that of stainless steel, which ranges from 1100 MPa to 1170 MPa. Thus, these socket-weld pipe fittings can attain maximum stress under these metric points without causing any deformations.
- The fatigue strength of Titanium GR5 ranges from 160 MPa to 700 MPa at annealed temperature areas. Hence, these socket-weld pipe fittings can withstand the highest stress in high-pressure zones without breaking.
- Titanium GR 5 is very flexible and has high modulus elasticity that records up to 114 GPa. Hence, these socket-weld pipe fittings can efficiently sustain vibration, heat, and pressure in high-temperature areas.
- Titanium GR 5 has good tensile strength and helpful creep resistance up to 300-Degree C. Thus; these socket-weld pipe fittings can deform slowly over a more extended period in high-temperature areas.
- Titanium GR 5 contains a significant amount of vanadium, which amounts to 4.5% of this grade. Thus, vanadium’s corrosion-resistance properties make it ideal for these socket-weld pipe fittings to sustain longer in elevated temperature areas.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.