Threads are the circular rings formed on the inner or outer surfaces of the pipe fittings. These rings enable us to connect different pipes, tubes, or flanges of the piping systems.
By forging, we can attach these pipe fittings, including tees, crosses, elbows, and couplings. Forged fittings refer to the families of the piping systems that are useful for joining small bore pipes.
Threaded Forged Fittings are suitable for connecting pipes, valves, or pumps to create overall piping systems of 2 or 4 inches in diameters.
Titanium GR5 is one of the most renowned alloys in the titanium industry. This alloy, commonly referred to as Ti 6-4, comprises 90% titanium, 6% aluminium, 4% vanadium, and other essential elements. Titanium is categorized as low density and high strength- a rare combination making it an ideal choice for various heat treatable applications.
Titanium GR5 provides:
- High corrosion resistance,
- Low modulus of elasticity, and
- Excellent strength to pipes and tubes in industrial premises.
Titanium GR 5 Threaded Forged Fittings are highly versatile, making them useful in many industrial applications where turbulence and pressure in piping systems are constant. The addition of aluminium and vanadium helps to increase the toughness and hardness of the materials in the alloy moulds.
Mangalam Metal Corporation uses high-quality raw materials to produce Titanium GR 5 Threaded Forged Fittings to meet ASME B16.11 standards. We strictly follow its ratings, dimensions, tolerance, and markings to manufacture Threaded Forged Fittings.
Forging involves shaping or resizing the metals using localized compressive forces like hammers or a die. As a result, forging can produce more robust metal pieces than a cast one.
During the forging process, the internal grain texture of the metal deforms. Thus, the texture variation is continuous throughout the process, which improves the overall strength of the metals.
Technically, we can group forging into three classes:
- Drawn Out (Increases the length, Decreases the cross-section)
- Upset (Increases the cross-section, Decreases the size)
- Squeezed in Closed Compression Dies (for Multiple Directional Flows)
Following are some industries and their applications where you will find our Titanium GR 5 Threaded Forged Fittings installed.
- Fire Safety
- Low-Voltage Drives
- Valves and Actuators
- Condensing Units
- Milk Silos
- Crystallization Tanks
- Horizontal Milk Storage Tanks
- Road Milk Storage Tanks
- Butter Churner
- Spiral Heat Exchangers
- Air Coolers
- Regenerative Air Heaters
- Water Treatment Equipments
- Washing Systems
- Spray Washers
- Carborundum Abrasive Rollers
- Conveyors and Furnaces
- Rotating Pans
ASTM B564 & ASME B564
ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799
1/8″ NB to 4″ NB (Socket Weld & Screwed-Threaded)
2000 LBS, 3000 LBS, 6000 LBS
- The high-yield tensile strength of Titanium GR5 is reasonably equivalent to that of stainless steel, which ranges from 1100 MPa to 1170 MPa. Thus, these threaded pipe fittings can attain maximum stress under these metric points without causing any deformations.
- The fatigue strength of Titanium GR5 ranges from 160 MPa to 700 MPa at annealed temperature areas. Hence, these threaded pipe fittings can withstand the highest stress in high-pressure zones without breaking.
- Titanium GR 5 is very flexible and has high modulus elasticity that records up to 114 GPa. Hence, these threaded pipe fittings can efficiently sustain vibration, heat, and pressure in high-temperature areas.
- Titanium GR 5 has good tensile strength and helpful creep resistance up to 300-Degree C. Thus; these threaded pipe fittings can deform slowly over a more extended period in high-temperature areas.
- Titanium GR 5 contains a significant amount of vanadium, which amounts to 4.5% of this grade. Thus, vanadium’s corrosion-resistance properties make it ideal for these threaded pipe fittings to sustain longer in elevated temperature areas.
At Mangalam Metal Corporation, all products are subject to strict supervision at each production chain, right from purchasing the raw materials to dispatching products. All the processes undergo inspections for conformity to ASTM, ASME, MSS, and JIS codes and standards.